Sunday, March 7, 2010

Like a Child...




I close my eyes, and I go back to those thankful little hands touching my feet, holding my hands, looking into my eyes, giving me their cute smile.

What have I done to receive this beautiful gift from them? Have I really gone out of my way? Have I done anything that anyone else could not do? I’d be honest and say, the answer is, No.
I have just been me. Sometimes a sister, sometimes a facilitator but they have been a sheer lights of joy in my life. Unconditionally, without any doubt, multiplying my love and giving back to me like a clear stream of water. Sometimes, you don’t get it so unconditionally even from the closest people in your life.

We grown ups think a thousand times before expressing our most beautiful feelings, and look at these little ones..they smile when they are happy, they cry when hurt and they hold you close when they feel love for you…

It’s such a joy seeing them dance so gracefully, to see them sing to the top of their voice without caring a bit about how they sound to others. Learn about colours, draw and paint out of their imagination..To complain, to express anger, to act cute and talk endlessly!
They are truly highly evolved souls.. Instead of working towards building a better future with our complex impossible plans. Lets try and be like them…pure, and unconditional..truly, only then can we make this world a beautiful place for our children.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts Priyanka! I have that same feeling that I do so little relative to the outrageous love my students give me... and the outrageous welcome I get whenever I've been out of town! I'm glad your time spent with the children is so fulfilling too.

    ReplyDelete