I remember as a child I played a game while eating berries..
My mom would keep a bowlful of berries in front of us kids-well sorted-washed berries!
Me and my brother would pick up one berry at a time see it carefully, close the eyes, taste it..and before opening the eyes we have to say if it's white or pink from inside! Whoever would guess more correctly would just Simply 'win'! There were no big prizes to be won..but yet it was so much fun! Play for the sake of 'Playfulness'...
As we took that little bite of the tiny berry..we were alert, we smelled, tasted,contemplated over the taste, then saw..and enjoyed every bit of it!
I remember lately, reading about the yogic practice of involving all our senses while eating. Experiencing the food, as we eat, to cherish it to it's fullest. It's also applicable to any thing that we do, we must do it slowly and steadily to make each act a celebration - a true experience...
To me, these things sound very difficult and machanical! But when I think of the childhood game of berries..I get it! I got it even then..all of us did!
I deeply believe, As children we were all Smarter..In a perfect sync with nature and much more closer to God!
Dwelling into the acts we did as kids, can bring a lot of things to our notice,many of which truly meditative, that would make our lives happier today. Perhaps, the journey towards Enlightenment, is not just inwards, but backwards too :)
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment